Search This Blog

Sunday, November 6, 2011

COMPETITION

I am loving reading all the comments from the survey. I can tell you that none of you are alone! I receive the same comments numerous times. I want to share another one with you because it was so nicely stated:
My only struggle at times is just the amount of consultants in this area that want to compete and don't understand that we work together regardless of what our group or team name is. While I will go above and beyond to give my customers the best customer service I can and I try to do things that make me stand out in a good way. I dont want to ever put a person in a position of stress on who to order from or obligation to buy from me. I have amazing loyal customers. I also have a friend that sells under me. We work as a great pair, helping and encouraging each other.We just live in a small area where some girls can be flat out rude about it. Sort of sad bc this is fun for the rest of us!

There are quite a few points that I want to discuss that were all stated in this comment:
  • Thankfully, Scentsy is becoming more well known and the consultant numbers ARE growing. Notice how I said 'THANKFULLY'? I am a "glass half full" kind of gal. I love that there are consultants everywhere you look! This actually can make our job easier. It is easier because we don't have to convice people our product ROCKS-others are doing it for us. The more consultants, the more sales, the easier it is to sell.
  • I love that this person says, I dont want to ever put a person in a position of stress on who to order from or obligation to buy from me. You, my dear, have the best outlook! I feel the exact same way. I want my customers to buy from me because they WANT to buy from me-not because I guilted them into it. That might get you customers but it sure as heck won't keep you customers!
  • Scentsy should be fun! Yes-I take Scentsy very seriously because it is also my job. However, this is the most fun I have ever had at work.
  • As far as how other consultants treat the business and treat their customers-unfortunately we can't change that. We can just take the high road. Like I said in the earlier comment-those actions might make them a sale for today, but it won't keep them customers for life!
No matter how others are treating the Scentsy business-lead by positive example. It WILL pay off by getting customers and recruits in the long run.

Want to know a few ways to set yourself apart from "those" other consultants?
  1. Offer lightbulbs for life. I give my repeat customers lightbulbs when theirs burns out.
  2. Offer gift wrapping for gift purchases.
  3. Make regular deliveries look like a gift for them. All you have to do is tie a cute ribbon around the clear sack and make it look nice. I prefer the tulle on a roll from the craft store.
  4. Let you customers know about specials and good deals.
  5. Guide your customer to a better deal. This might be a combine and save package or actually sometimes an upsell. If I have someone that has bought travel tins from me in the past-I recommend they try the scent pak. I personally believe it is a better product!
  6. BE ON TIME to appointments!
  7. Give them GENEROUS samples-don't skimp!
  8. Don't "knock" the competition. Be careful and selective in your words.
  9. Simply Put---Let them know that they are important to your business!!!!!
I would love to hear what you do to set yourself apart!

No comments:

Post a Comment