Search This Blog

Monday, November 14, 2011

Answers

Today's post is a bit different than most on this blog.

I would like to share my daily devotional with you today. It literally made me laugh out loud with joy and I know many of you will share with my delight!

As I am looking at all the bills that I have due right now along with paying for our flights to leadership in Riviera Maya and Christmas, I became extremely overwhelmed, stressed, and anxious. As these thoughts are running through my mind, I decide that I will take a break from paying bills to do my devotional and then get back to "work".
As I open my devotional, this is the verse for today:
Matthew 6:31-33 (NIV)
Do do not worry, saying "What shall we eat?" or "What shall we drink?" or "What shall we wear?" For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

As I dug further into the verse, I found I REALLY like how the MESSAGE translation reads:
Matthew 6: 30-33
"If God gives such attention to the appearance of the wildflowers-most of which are never even seen-don't you think he'll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you?
What I'm trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not e so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving. People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep you life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns are met.

Like I said, I actually started laughing out loud at the answers literally right in front of me!

God is so Good!!!!
I hope this brought joy to you just like it did me.

No comments:

Post a Comment