Search This Blog

Thursday, September 23, 2010

About Me

I got to thinking that our team is growing so quickly and in so many directions, that many of you don't know me and I don't know you. I would love to get to know as many of you on my team as possible! Here is a thought...I am going to post 10 things about me. Some are obvious if you know me for a bit and some are a bit more random. After you read mine, I challenge you to comment back with 10 facts about you.
1. I started Scentsy for shoes! I started selling Scentsy because my friends and I were buying it anyway...why not make some money too. Paul was always getting onto me for buying too many shoes. I thought, if I buy my shoes with my Scentsy money-Bonus! Obviously, my business has grown beyond shoes!
2. I have had MANY jobs. My first job was cutting fabric at Hancock fabrics. I then did a short stint at Old Navy. After that, I was off to be a receptionist at Top Cuts. Next was a life changing step-Java Dave's CoffeeShop (more on that later). Then I work for a while at Salon Portico doing hair. After that, ProCuts. When we moved to Wagoner, I worked many different jobs at Walmart: cashier, Accounting, photo clerk, and Customer Service Manager. Throw Avon somewhere in there. A short stint at Albertsons grocery. Next, I think, was Petra Fashions (another direct sales). Whew....then began my teaching career. I have taught Kdg, 1st, 3rd, and Special Education. Let me just say, I LOVE my job now!!!!!
3. Paul and I were married very young. I was 18 when we got married. No-we were not high school sweethearts. We actually only knew each other about 9 months when we got married. I could not have ever made a better decision! We just celebrated 12 years of marriage. We have two beautiful children-Mackenzie is 9 and Antonio is 7.
4. I am a lifetime Weight Watcher member. When Kenzie was 4, I decided I couldn't blame my extra weight on the pregnancy anymore. I started WW. I lost a total of 37 pounds and 6 sizes. I do still go to meetings to be sure I maintain my weight loss.
5. I LUV couponing. Seriously! I am one of those crazies with the 3-ring binder full of an insane amount of coupons. I am that person that you hate to get behind in line. Yep, I am that person! I get a "high" off of good deals and bargains. If you want to get into couponing, I recommend http://www.moneysavingqueen.com/ for starters.
6. I want to be a doctor. No, not like a "Are you feeling well?" doctor. I want to get my doctorate degree. I really don't know what I would like to study. It changes often. I am definately a lifelong learner and love to learn new things. I enjoy school. I would love to go back to school once my kids are grown and gone.
7. So back to the Java Daves....I am a caffeine addict. I blame it all on my job as a barista in high school. I am really not picky as to how I get my caffeine...coffee, tea, soda, chocolate, red bull. However, if I had my choice, it would be a TRIPLE GRANDE SKINNY VANILLA LATTE from Starbucks.
8. I am reverse-challenged! Yep that is right-I can drive beautifully in forward motion, but put me in reverse, and it all goes bad!
9. "Hi, I'm Jami, a freshman at Northeastern State University!" I am a pageant brat. I wasn't one of those little kids that wears too much makeup and acts 20 when she is 6. I started doing pageants in high school. I never really wanted to win-just place. This was my plan to pay for school and it worked well-until I got married!
10. I am organized in my head eventhough it doesn't always come out into my surroundings. I really struggle with this. I love those minimalist houses where all the picture frames match and nothing is out of place. I want that! I just can't seem to pull it off. I want my desk to have a place for everything and everything in its place. I just can't seem to pull it off. I want my closet to stay organized and orderly. I just can't seem to pull it off.---This being said, if you talk to me and I say I would love to do something for you-I really would love to help. BUT, you better email it to me if you really want me to follow-through!

Well, I hope you have enjoyed getting to know me a bit better. Please share some about yourself so I can get to know you!

3 comments:

  1. Haha that was fun!! The fun part about reading that is I can just picture you saying it all! You type just like you sound if that makes any sense!!!

    Geesh I guess I'll play along since NO ONE else is!! :)

    1. I like to cook. 70 percent of my food doesn't really taste well, but I get these big ideas that I can make something and get really excited! Half way through I realize I don't have an ingredient and then I add something totally different (because I think I can cook and cooks substitute ingredients) and it normally isn't edible. One time I made chili and went off to do something else. I let the tomato sauce simmer too long and needed more liquid. So I added enchilada sauce, because duh it was red, and let's just say we ended up ordering pizza.

    2. As a child my dad made me talk to strangers.... He would encourage me to go talk to an old man and ask him how his day was, or he'd tell me to tell an old lady her hair looked nice, just to make her day. He still does it to me! We'll be some place and he'll say "ask that lady ...." Weird I know, lol, but now I'll talk to anyone!

    3. I don't do scary movies, even the previews of them make me have bad dreams. I turn my head when they come on tv. Last time I watched one, I fast forwarded through most of it. I think I probably watched 20 mins of a 2 hour movie. And I couldn't sleep for a week!

    4. I'm an iphone snob and addict. If you don't have one I judge you and don't know how you live your life without one! :)

    5. I've shot a variety of handguns, an array of rifles, grenade launchers, set up explosive booby traps, thrown grenades, and used a bayonet. And I have pretty good aim!

    6. I have a 28 year old sister, a 4 year old brother and a 8 month old sister. It's a little different!

    7. I'm very competitive at monopoly. I take it serious and most people who play with me, don't ever want to play again with me... or quit before I brutally dominate them.

    8. I have a tatoo.... on my eye lids! Permanent eye liner was probably the best 300 dollars I've ever spent.

    9. My husband raises bucking bulls.... and it's sooo fun to be a part of such a neat hobby. He's living a dream and I'm so proud of him.

    10. My first job was selling knock off nikes on the side of the road! My dad helped me run my own business and when I turned 17 I had saved enough to buy a really awesome new camaro! I wrecked it 6 weeks later!


    That was fun teehee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Kyla, and I'm brand new to Scentsy.

    1. I haven't sold anything yet, but I got into the business when I lost my job. My friends and I were buying the products anyway, so I figured I could get cheaper products and make a little money (hopefully a LOT of money) with a business.

    2. I worked in HR for 5 years for one of the best companies to work for in America, according to Fortune magazine. I loved it! For a while anyway. Then I became so unhappy and stressed out that I couldn't focus on anything. I'm hoping Scentsy can eventually replace the income I've lost. I know I'm going to love it!

    3. I'm shy. I don't talk to strangers. When I do, I seem to always say the wrong thing. This is going to be hard! I'm starting to come out of my shell and talk to people about Scentsy now... I'm making progress! Little by little!

    4. My grandparents have been in Shaklee for over 35 years and are still very successful! I've been to Maui with them as a teen, and it was all free! Paid for by Shsklee. Unfortunately, I didn't get the sales gene. I don't like to sell things... it's a good thing Scentsy sells itself!

    5. My parents have been married for 35 years, and have been great role models to me in my marriage. My husband and I will celebrate 4 loving years in April! When we first met, my mother was terrified of him since I met him online. Now, she would never trade for the world. :)

    6. I don't want kids. Not of my own, anyway. I do want a child, but we want to adopt. I feel very strongly about not bringing a child into this world when there are so many who are already here who need a good home.

    7. I am a musician! I started playing piano when I was 7, switched to clarinet around 10, oboe around 12 until I was 18, and I play autoharp now. I have written a few songs that people seem to like, and my husband and I have a duo we call Leroy and Kitten! Check us out on FaceBook!

    8. I have 3 nephews who I just love and adore! They're having to get used to the lack of income too since I have spoiled them by lavishing them with gifts and trips to the movies. My husband has 2 nephews and a niece who I love also! I would do anything for my kiddos!

    9. I currently have 2 doggies, who I love so much! One is a really pretty mutt who my husband resuced when he was a pup (the dog, not my husband!). He's my step-dog-child, but I treat him as my own. :) Our other dog-child is a dachsund we adopted from friends of ours when they could no longer care for him. Our little Fritz has become the apple of our eyes!

    10. I am a student. I am attending Southern Nazarene University in Bethany to get my bachelor's in Family Studies and Gerontology. I have no idea what I want to do with my degree... I just know I didn't want one in business. I think I may want to teach. Fourth grade sounds perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be fun!

    1. I love to sing! I may not be the best singer but according to RockBand I am pretty good, however just because I can hit the note doesn't mean it sounds good. haha

    2. I love shoes! All shoes. I love,love,love heels but can't wear them as much anymore. I have sprained and twisted my ankle a lot so I look more for cute flats these days. Besides I am no longer ashamed to be 4 foot 11 inches.

    3.I am a fall and winter kind of girl. I love all the smells of fall and it's so easy to get dressed and look nice. Good jeans, nice sweater, boots, and a little make-up.

    4. I enjoy a good margarita!

    5. My husband and I got together in Aug 2003 and 15 months later had our first daughter, Riley (now 7) we waited a year and a half then got married(March 06) In Aug 2010 we had our 2nd little girl, Kalli (now 1)

    6. I am a terrible cook! One of the worst.

    7. I like to talk. I am shy when I first meet new people and once I get comfortable (which takes a while) I will talk and talk.

    8. I can not watch scary movies. They give me nightmares. Even if its a short preview I close my eyes and plug my ears. My husband has to nudge me to let me know its over.

    9. I don't know what I want to be when I "grow up" When I was younger I'd imagine myself being successful on my own.

    10.I have always wanted to go to Hawaii and Europe but mostly Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete